This was a pretty good console, i had a few just before they were discontinued mainly for the kids as using a special boot disk you could play video cd’s as well as mp3’s.
The games were ok and the graphics weren’t too bad for the time. One of my favorite games for the dreamcast was revolt,
this was a racing game where you raced remote contol cars around differnt tracks
I will be adding soon some information on some of my favorite dreamcast games soon.
I have put on the full specifi
cation of the dreamcast, click the icon below.
* C.P.U: 200MHz Hitachi SuperH Risc processor
* Sound Processor: Yamaha Super Intelligent Sound Processor (simultaneously articulates 64 voices) with 3D environmental audio effects
* Video: PowerVR 2 3D graphics controller, 640 x 480 resolution at 24-bit colour.
* Operating Systems: Customized Sega OS. Dreamcast is also designed to run a custom flavor of Microsoft Windows CE, and will display the official WinCE logo at startup if the game that’s running utilizes it.
* Memory: 16MB main memory, 8MB video memory, 2MB sound memoy.
* CD-ROM Drive: 12x (Maximum) proprietary Yamaha GD-ROM (Gigabyte Disc) capable of holding up to 1GB of data.
* On-board Modem: 33 Kbps
* Controllers: Gray casing, featuring analog thumb stick, floating digital D-pad (cross-style), four face buttons (A, B, X, Y), and two analog triggers. Top of controller features two VMS slots and a small groove for routing the cable vertically. Visual Memory (sold separately): A liquid-crystal display PDA for game data backup and data exchange.
* Console Dimensions: 7 7/16″ X 7 11/16″ X 3″
* Weight: 4.4lbs
*Composite A/V cable
* power cord
* modular telephone cord
* Dream Passport Internet access software
* one controller
Visual Memory Unit Specification:
* CPU: 8-bit
* Memory: 128KB
* LCD Display: 48 Dots (W) x 32 Dots (H), monochrome
* Display Size: 37 mm (W) x 26 mm (H)
* Case Dimensions: 47 mm (W) x 80 mm (H) x 16 mm (D)
* Power source: 2 x CR2032 watch-style batteries, power-save feature
* Sound: 1 channel PWM sound source
* Weight: 45g
Follow for Updates
On a side note I converted a Peugeot partner into a stealth micro camper and I’m vlogging about my travels Inc. info on photography on Youtube, Now as I have a spinal problem this means cant walk that far & also in a lot of pain but still visit loads of places, so why not SUBSCRIBE to stay up to date with the latest videos, these also Inc. reviews of gear, hobbies and anything else, just like this blog. You can also follow me on other social media inc Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & flickr, or subscribe to this blog