At long last a remastered version of the 7th guest has just been released for Android devices. This version has remastered graphics and music and made for touch screen. Even though you have been able to run the original 7th guest through the great emulator scummvm, it was a bit hard to use on touch screens trying to control the mouse, so great to see this available, at time of writing the game is available through the Google play store and also the amazon app store. For the launch weekend you get 30% off the price, so at time of writing it is £2.79 amazon £3.39 playstore.
This game I loved when release in 1993 as at the time was working in a computer shop called Evesham Micros and as this was the first ever game to be released on cd-rom only, nearly all buyers of the game needed to buy a cd-rom drive for their PC. Also to get the best sound out of the game you needed a soundblaster sound card. And for the time the graphics were amazing using full motion video mixed with CGI graphics. With all this for the processors and memory was a pretty hard game to get going on some of the specification of the PC’s of that time, editing your start up files to eek out as much memory as possible to get the game running, all the fun memories lol.
Well the 20th anniversary edition will run with no problems on any modern android tablet or phone, though is a large download at 2gb, and takes nearly 2gb of storage to install. The game still has the same puzzles but extra maps and scenes. For anyone that don’t know the story of the game here is the description:
Henry Stauf’s mansion has been abandoned for as long as anyone dare remember. Stauf was a master toy maker, a maker of amazing puzzles and this strange, eerie, mansion was his greatest creation.
It stands empty, rotting ever since children started dying with his toys near them, ever since six guests came and were never seen again. Now, you are in the house, moving from one room to another, trying to remember and trying to forget. Because Stauf’s game isn’t over. There were six guests the world knew about – and there was one other. The mansion of horror comes to life again and only you can end this mad nightmare and learn the secret of the 7th guest.
The original was a great puzzle game, but with the advent of great adventure games that are available for android, even with the improved graphics this maybe not as popular now as it was in 1993, but for nostalgic value it is great to be able to play this on the go. I have just purchased the game and just started to play so will update this article with a full review. Here is the features of the game from the play store:
– Groundbreaking use of full-motion video and dialogue recorded by live actors in a terrifyingly virtual environment.
– Bizarre puzzles to solve and games to play.
– 22 stunningly rendered, devilishly surprising, 3-D rooms await you in this fully explorable haunted mansion.
‘20th Anniversary Edition’ features:
– Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up for touch-screens.
* Hotspot based – no more pixel hunting!
* All-new slick icons and animations.
* Completely new map, which can be access directly while playing
– Completely new game menus and save/load system
– Four Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score remastered or the original score in Midi recording, General Midi or Adlib
– Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles
– A stunning new HD graphic mode that up-scales the game beautifully to high-resolutions.
– 27 Achievements to earn and share with your friends
– A lot of extras:
* ‘The Making of’ featurette
* 19 Delete Scenes and 33 Delete Audio Parts
* Comprehensive Soundtrack: 36 Tracks to add to your music collection!
* ‘The 7th Guest’ Novel (157 pages)
* The Original Script (104 pages), ‘The Stauf Files’ booklet (20 pages), Original Game Manual (41 pages)
Follow For Updates
If you found this article interesting or useful, why not follow us for updates through the following: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or email. For updates of photos I upload see Flickr, Or share this page using the services below:
Follow for Updates
On a side note I converted a Peugeot partner into a stealth micro camper and I’m vlogging about my travels Inc. info on photography on Youtube, Now as I have a spinal problem this means cant walk that far & also in a lot of pain but still visit loads of places, so why not SUBSCRIBE to stay up to date with the latest videos, these also Inc. reviews of gear, hobbies and anything else, just like this blog. You can also follow me on other social media inc Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & flickr, or subscribe to this blog